Chairs: Peter Parycek (Danube University Krems, AT) and Christina Hainzl (netPOL, Danube University Krems, AT)
The CeDEM offers a PhD Colloquium in cooperation with the Danube University Krems’ Platform for Political Communication and netPOL (www.netpol.at). The Doctoral Colloquium provides PhD students the opportunity to present their work and gain feedback from experts as well as meet other PhD students. Students from any stage of their PhD are invited to submit their work in relation to any of the conference topics.
CeDEM15 Bursary for PhD Students
We are pleased to offer 6 bursaries for authors submitting to the PhD Colloquium. This bursary is applicable only for authors submitting to the PhD Colloquium:
- 3 bursaries for the best PhD submissions: a 3-day conference fee waiver and accommodation at the Kolping Hotel (Krems) for the duration of the CeDEM15 conference.
- 3 bursaries: a 3-day conference fee waiver.
Instructions for applying:
1. Please submit your PhD paper to the track “PhD Colloquium” using the EasyChair submission site.
2. After the submission has been made, please write a brief description (1 page max.) of how your submission will uniquely articulate and/or represent a distinctive perspective otherwise unlikely to be represented at the conference. The description should also include an explanation of the author’s distinctive circumstances that suggest the need for the bursary.
This description needs to include the author’s name, title of the submission and the author’s contact details. The author must indicate the PhD course and University they attend and include evidence that they are currently enrolled in a PhD course (e.g. confirmation of registration, etc.).
3. Email the application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applying to the CeDEM15 PhD Bursary: see paper submission deadline!
The winners of the CeDEM15 Bursary will be announced shortly after the notification of acceptance of the author's submission.
Applications will be reviewed by the Conference Chairs. It will be awarded on the basis of the Conference Chairs' judgment as to which submissions will make the most distinctive contribution to the conference and be awarded a PhD Bursary. In order to respect and protect the privacy of the applicants, all discussions and deliberations will be held in strict confidence.