The university course “Clinical Research” offers a systematic, academic qualification in clinical research, above all in connection with the approval of new pharmaceutical and medical devices. The interdisciplinary approach aims to improve practical interaction between different academic disciplines.
In the MSc university course “Clinical Research” students learn the competencies required for planning, implementing and evaluating clinical tests with drugs and medical devices (self- competence, professional competence, social and communicative competence, legal and regulatory frameworks) at an internationally required level of education by means of practice-oriented classes, seminars and lectures. Practitioners and experts from the clinical research field resp. other related academic disciplines, combined with active teaching methods, ensure that course participants receive internationally sought after practical training in clinical research to prepare them for a management role. Students acquire the core competence monitoring and, subsequently, auditing clinical trials.
The lecturers of this university course are distinguished experts and Practitioners from relevant disciplines (clinicians, CRAs, etc.). This particularly ensures that the connection to current clinical research practice is as close as possible. It also enhances the career opportunities of the university course graduates in this high-grade, transnational field.
- Physicians, pharmacists, biologists, chemists, psychologists and other university graduates seeking a leading position in clinical research
- Specialists already working in clinical research (including clinical research associates and monitors)
- People involved in clinical research studies at test centers – e.g. study nurses – or those who aim to work in this area
- People working in biotechnological and/or pharmaceutical companies in research & development, or who aim to work in this area
- People who work or aim to work in CROs
- Employees of regulatory bodies who need to acquire or upgrade essential knowledge and practical skills in clinical research for their control work
- Members and employees of ethics commissions who want to acquire or upgrade specialized knowledge and skills for their work
- Employees in biotechnological, pharmaceutical and/or medical engineering companies who want to acquire specialized knowledge for a leading position primarily in the field of research & development
- Pharmaceutical representatives who want to upgrade their professional expertise for research and development