The ability to prepare information and media in such a way that they can be optimally used by the respective target groups is developing into a central success factor for organisations. In order to achieve this, as an information designer you will deal in depth with the phenomena and theories of design and information processing. You will conceive media in such a way that the respective target group can use the information contained as efficiently and effectively as possible. They see the world from the users' point of view and develop sustainable solutions for their information and communication needs.
The course integrates 'Hot Spots' practice-oriented design research with current hot topics of information design. These include, for example, data and information visualisation, image and text communication, design for all or the design of orientation systems in real and virtual spaces.
With this course you have the following competence profile:
- Integration of methodical, reflexive design processes
- Target group-oriented design of media and information
- Design development based on cognitive principles
- Fundamentals of Gestalt and Perception Psychology
- Application of usability engineering methods
- additional competences depending on your elective modules
|Admissions to the previous continuing education courses at the University of Continuing Education Krems will be granted until the end of september 2023.|
- Media and information designers
- Employees from advertising, communication agencies, design and layout departments as well as from the media production and information sector
- content managers
- Managers in interface functions (marketing, editorial offices, etc.)