Prerequisites for admission to a course of study are
a) A completed Austrian university education and at least 2 years of professional experience or
b) A completed equivalent university education in accordance with the directives of a foreign university and at least 2 years of professional experience or
c) General university entrance qualification and at least 6 years of relevant professional experience in an adequate position (further and continuing education periods may be recognized), if the qualifications attained are equal to a university degree. This will be evaluated during the admission procedure or
d) Students without general university entrance qualification must have at least 10 years of professional experience in their chosen field, in an adequate position (further and continuing education periods can be recognized), if the qualifications attained are equal to a university degree. This will be evaluated during the admission procedure.
Graduates of the extra-occupational Professional MBA (VWA) study program will be credited the period of further education. This reduces proof of the above-listed, mandatory professional experience by three years. 180 ECTS credits are awarded on completion of the Professional MBA (VWA) study program. The basis for this continuing education program is the study and examination regulations framework from 17 September 2010, established by the “Bundesverbandes Deutscher Verwaltungs- und Wirtschafts-Akademien e. V.” for continuing education programs at administration and economics academies.
The further education period will be credited to graduates of the extra-occupational study program Academically Certified General Manager (IHK). This reduces proof of the above-listed, mandatory professional experience by 3 years. The basis for this continuing education program is the IHK education framework in accordance with the regulation from 22 Nov. 2004 for the certified general manager examination, and the regulation from 12 July 2006.
e) In addition to a) – d) an admission interview will be conducted as part of the enrolment procedure in which the course directors and students choose the subjects together according to the selected specialization, and set these down in a Learning Agreement.
f) An inbound test must be passed to measure the learning outcomes after completing the program (outbound test.)
In principle, the program can be joined at any time.
Duration - possible variants
The Professional MBA program is also offered as a full-time study (3 semester).
Accreditations & Memberships
The following documents are required:
- Completed and signed application form
- Valid and signed passport (passport must be valid until at least 3 months beyond return and must have a blank page to affix the residence permit)
- Copies of previous passports
- One recent photograph (passport format, colour, front view)
- Original or notarised copy of Birth Certificate
- Original Certificate of Good Conduct/ Criminal Record (not older than 3 months)
- Proof of health insurance that is compulsory in Austria and covers every risk: Overview of possible health insurance schemes: 68 KB PDF (for students, self-insurance with the WGKK (without waiting time) is also possible); UNIQA or Vienna Insurance Group
- Proof of sufficient financial resources (f.e. scholarship, letter of grants, bank statement of last 2 months, other proof of income; parent's account accepted for students only) If your age is below 24 years you need EUR 515,30/ month = EUR 6.183,60/year; if your age is above 24 years you need EUR 933,06/month = EUR 11.196,72/ year
- Proof of accommodation in Austria (f.e. lease contract, ownership papers)
- One set of photocopies of all supporting documents
- Letter of Acceptance of Danube University Krems
All foreign-language documents must be translated into German by a professional translating service.
Applications must be submitted personally.
Please note, that there is no legal claim on obtaining a residence permit for students.
Please allow at least 2 months processing time (all applications have to be sent to Austria)
Costs: ~ EUR 200,-
The international and multicultural faculty of Danube Business School consists of both, renowned professors from our partner universities and top consultants:
Duncan Angwin, M.A., M.Phil., MBA, PhD; Oxford Brookes University; Oxford, UK
Univ.-Prof. Dr. Barbara Brenner, Danube University Krems; Krems, Austria
Alessandro Cavelzani, PhD, Psy.D.; Grenoble Business School; Grenoble, France
Dr. Arne Floh, MSc. PhD , University of Surrey; Guildford, UK
Dr. Elisabeth Götze, Vienna University of Economics and Business; Vienna, Austria
Dr. Arno Haslberger, MBA, MBA, MSc; Middlesex University; London, UK
Univ.-Prof DDr. Jürgen Huber, University of Innsbruck; Innsbruck, Austria
Univ.-Prof. Dr. Dirk Sauerland, Universität Witten/Herdecke; Witten, Germany
Prof. Dr. Werner Seebacher, Seebacher Unternehmensberatung GmbH; Munic, Germany and Graz, Austria
Dipl.-Kfm. (FH), Holger Siemons, PhD, MBA, PGCTHE (FHEA); University of Northampton, UK
Gilbert Silvius, PhD, MSc, MBA; LOI University of Applied Sciences; Leiderdorp, Netherlands
Dr. Elizabeth Varga, BA, MBA; Cranfield University; Cranfield, UK
Univ.-Prof. Dr. Helmut Willke, Zeppelin University; Friedrichshafen, Germany
Daniel Wintersberger, BA, MSc; Cardiff University; Cardiff, UK