Call for Visiting Fellowships at the Department for E-Governance and Administration
Call for Visiting Fellows
We invite Fellows at all levels (Master’s or PhD students, post-docs, assistant/ junior/ senior professors) from universities, or experts from the public or private sector to join the Department for shorter or longer fellowship stays. The visiting fellow will work with the permanent faculty and the work objectives and work programme will be defined on an individual basis, depending on the eligibility criteria, type and extent of their involvement and duration of the stay. Possible fellowships at the Department for E-Governance and Administration are:
- Visiting Professor
- Visiting Researcher
- Visiting Research Assistant (Student Internship)
Visiting Professor (Minimum eligibility: Established Professor from an acknowledged institution):
- Teaching, conducting research and writing/contributing publications for the department;
- Contributing to the department’s teaching programme, presenting guest lectures, webinars or faculty seminars in the professor’s area of interest;
- Contributing to ongoing research or providing guidance with new project proposals;
- Mentoring faculty and students;
- Consulting functions or providing expert commentary for the department and faculty;
- Assessing students (supervising master thesis, exams, defenses);
Visiting Researcher Tasks (Minimum eligibility: Completed PhD or high-level work experience from industry, public administration or acknowledged research centers.
- Conducting post-doctoral research as an independent investigator or under the supervision of a principal investigator;
- Teaching for the Department;
- Writing and publishing original research in peer-reviewed journals in their fields;
Visiting Research Assistant Tasks (Minimum eligibility: Must be enrolled in a Bachelor's study programme)
- Assists the department’s faculty in ongoing research projects and teaching programmes;
- This can also be a student internship;
Application and Funding
In order to be invited to a standardized selection procedure scholars and experts are to submit their:
- Letter of motivation (max. 3 pages);
- Research or project proposal aligned with the Department’s activities and strategy (max. 5 pages);
- Letter of recommendation;
- List of publications;
Deadline for submissions: All the completed documents needed for the application procedure must be made by the 1 January/April/July/October of each year for the next possible fellowship period.
Duration: The duration will be agreed upon. Stays can be of shorter duration (e.g. 1-6 months) but longer collaborations are possible too. The duration of the fellowship will determine the type of work and the contract.
Employment Status: The legal basis for the fellow’s employment will be determined during the application process.
We provide different options for funding visiting Fellows at the Danube University Krems:
- Erasmus mobility/Erasmus agreement with the Danube University Krems:https://www.donau-uni.ac.at/en/research/research-service/mobility.html
- External funding supported by OEAD: https://grants.at/en/