The CD-Laboratory for Innovative Therapy Approaches in Sepsis (commercial partner: Fresenius Medical Care) aims at the development of supportive therapies for sepsis, focusing on the following aspects:
- Extracorporeal therapies as supportive options in sepsis (e.g. high cut-off filters, extracorporeal adsorption of inflammatory mediators)
- Endothelial activation in sepsis (cell culture models, influence of cytokine modulation on endothelial activation)
- Role of extracellular vesicles in sepsis and inflammation (characterization of extracellular vesicles in body fluids, in particular in whole blood, influence of pre-analytical parameters, thrombogenicity of extracellular vesicles, immunomodulation, interaction with blood cells; characterization of EVs from other sources).
- Development of blood compatible polymers: increase of blood compatibility of adsorbents, e.g. by zwitterionic coatings.
- Development of improved methods for pathogen detecion (within the project Smartdiagnos).
More information is available at www.sepsisresearch.at
Funding: Christian Doppler Research Association
Fresenius Medical Care
|Duration||01/01/2013 - 31/12/2019|
|Funding||sonstige öffentlich-rechtliche Einrichtungen (Körperschaften, Stiftungen, Fonds)|
|Principle investigator for the project (Danube University Krems)||Univ.-Prof Dr. Viktoria Weber|