Individuals who meet admission requirements and are seriously determined to take part in the master program are kindly asked to send the completed application forms as listed below. Please send your application  by e-mail in advance to and send by post to:

Danube-University Krems

Center for Clinical Neurosciences

attn. Bettina Überraker-Denk

Dr. Karl-Dorrek-Straße 30

3500 Krems


You will receive a written confirmation upon the receipt of your application by email.

Necessary documents

We kindly ask you to send the following documents:

    signed application form (also in original)

    Letter of Intent

    Europass CV

    Copy of Passport

    Medical Degree (Certified Copy or Apostil in original)

Scholarships offered by the World Stroke Organisation and European Stroke Organisation

Two scholarships each are available which cover 50% of the tuition fee.

Written applications should be addressed to the Secretariat of the Danube-University:

The scholarship provides 6.000,- Euros and covers half of the tuition fee which totals at 12.000.- for the 2 year course. On-site attendance is needed for at least one full week per semester, the other hours of study and training can be assessed online. Additional costs for accommodation or travelling must be paid by the student. Applications will be assessed on academic merit, demonstrated scientific experience and personal character.

WSO/ESO Application form for scholarship

Legalisation of Documents - Process and Information

Please check the agreement between the country your diploma has been issued of and Austria:

A) Exemption from any legalization

B) Apostille

C) Full legalization procedures

A) Exemption from any legalization


Documents from countries with which Austria has concluded a bilateral agreement concerning exemption from legalization are exempt from all kinds of legalization procedures.

Countries (with quotation of the respective agreement)

Belgium (BGBI. no. 115/1998)

Bosnia and Herzegovina (BGBl. no. 224/1955)

Bulgaria (BGBl. no. 268/1969)

Croatia (BGBl. no. 224/1955)

Czech Republic (BGBl. no. 309/1962)

Finland (BGBl. no. 244/1988)

France (BGBl. no. 236/1980)

Germany (BGBl. no. 139/1924)

Hungary (BGBl. no. 305/1967)

Italy (BGBl. no. 433/1977)

Liechtenstein (BGBl. no. 213/1956)

Macedonia (BGBl. no. 224/1955)

Montenegro (BGBl. no. 224/1955)

Netherlands (BGBl. no. 239/1982)

Norway (BGBl. no. 455/1985)

Poland (BGBl. no. 79/1974)

Romania (BGBl. no. 112/1969)

Serbia (BGBl. no. 224/1955)

Slovakia (BGBl. no. 309/1962)

Slovenia (BGBl. no. 224/1955)

Sweden (BGBl. no. 553/1983)


B) Apostille

Please check if the country issuing your documents is a member of the Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Documents here: Website of HCCH. Please check also the list of Non-Member Contracting States.

Documents and translations from these countries must have an official certificate ("apostille") to be recognized in Austria. The apostille is issued by the competent authority as designated by each Contracting State. The Hague Conference on Private International Law (HCCH) website has a list of the competent authorities in each Contracting State here: List of the competent authorities.

The apostille must be on the document itself or on a separate sheet permanently attached to the document. The apostille confirms the authenticity of the signature of the person who issued the document. The apostille also confirms the function of the signatory and, where applicable, the authenticity of any stamp or seal found on the document.

All documents must be submitted in German or English. If the original document was not issued in one of these languages, it must be translated.

Translations must be done by a certified, court-approved translator officially recognized by the issuing country.

More information about the legalisation of documents

C) Full legalization procedures

The mode of full diplomatic legalization is required for documents from all those countries which are neither Contracting Parties to a bilateral agreement with Austria concerning exemption from legalization nor Contracting Parties to the Hague Legalization Convention.

The legalization confirmation must be affixed to the original document. Your documents must first be legalized in the issuing country (the final step in this process is submitting your documents to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the issuing country) before they can be legalized by the competent Austrian representative authority.


1. Legalization by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country in which the document was issued

2. Legalization by the Austrian consular authorities (embassy or consulate)


All documents (including syllabi) must be submitted in German or English. If the original document was not issued in one of these languages, it must be translated.

Translations must be done by a certified, court-approved translator officially recognized by the issuing country.

Back to top


To Glossary

This website uses cookies to improve your user experience and for analytical purposes for optimizing our systems, as well Google Maps for the use of depicting maps. By clicking on „OK" or continuing to browse the site, you are agreeing to the use of cookies and Google Maps. More information concerning privacy policy and data protection official.