Professorship for Dementia Research
as defined in Section 99 of the Austrian Universities Act [Universitätsgesetz/UG] 2002
Advertisement No. SB20-0024
The advertised professorship is established at the Department for Clinical Neurosciences and Preventive Medicine in the Faculty of Health and Medicine.
General job description and profile:
The tasks of the professor include establishing and implementing programmes in the field of dementia research (and continuing existing programmes) as well as leading and supervising any accompanying studies that are related to the field. Another task is the cooperation with other projects and employees of Danube University Krems, as well as international cooperation (including with international health organisations). In addition, you will be responsible for building a network between your own research projects and existing care initiatives (including but not limited to non-pharmaceutical care) and for demonstrably raising third-party funding in a successful way. The job also includes qualitative research by means of data bases and quality assurance through empirical studies.
The qualifications required for the position are as follows:
- Professorial or equivalent qualification specialising in dementia research
- University degree in Medicine or Social Sciences
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience
- Documented research work and publications in the field of dementia research
- Evidence of successful raising of third-party funding for research and teaching
- International collaborations, including with health organisations
- Expertise in advising and managing dementia patients and their families
- Experience in implementing measures from research
- Evidence of networking with existing care and consultancy organisations
- Excellent command of spoken and written German and English (min. C1)
- Readiness to promote the overall goals of the University and to help to implement the same, including by working on the Boards of the University
- Social, organisational and commercial leadership experience and management competence
- Knowledge of the Austrian and international academic and non-academic education and research market
In addition, the following skills and competences would be desirable:
- Command of other languages
- International professional networking and experience in bodies in this field
- Gender and diversity competence
- Strategic thinking and entrepreneurial spirit
- Highly developed communication and team skills
Danube University Krems sees a high innovation potential in the diversity of its employees and has declared diversity to be a leading principle. At the same time Danube University Krems seeks to increase the percentage of female employees and expressly invites qualified women to apply for this position. In the case of equal qualifications women will be given priority.
We are looking forward to receiving applications from persons with disabilities who possess the required qualifications.
The professor will be appointed for a limited term of five years according to the appointment procedure laid down in Section 99 UG 2002.
The minimum gross salary according to the Work and Remuneration Regulations of Danube University Krems (W1/1) amounts to EUR 5,586.14 (on a 38.5 hours/week basis). We are willing to pay a higher salary according to qualifications and experience.
We are looking forward to receiving your convincing application by 31 July 2020 to the Rectorate of Danube University Krems, Dr.-Karl-Dorrek-Strasse 30, 3500 Krems, by post or by email to email@example.com. Please do not hesitate to contact the Rectorate on +43 2732 893-2210 if you have any questions.
Please enclose the data sheet with your application.
Mag. Friedrich Faulhammer