Professorship in continuing education processes in digitally supported teaching and learning environments
as defined in Section 98 of the Austrian Universities Act [Universitätsgesetz/UG] 2002
Advertisement No. SB19-0108
The advertised professorship is established at the Department for Continuing Education Research and Education Technologies at the Faculty of Education, Arts and Architecture.
The Department for Continuing Education Research and Education Technologies is engaged in research and teaching at the interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary interface between teaching, technologies and society in the context of global and digital transformation. Research and teaching focuses on examining and developing digitally supported teaching and learning environments for continuing education processes, as well as on identifying and dealing with digital competences and future continuing education requirements.
General job description and profile:
The tasks of the university professor include representing with dedication the academic field of continuing education processes in digitally supported teaching and learning environments at a national and an international level, raising third-party funding as well as acquiring research projects. The tasks also include taking on management tasks, as well as continuously developing the teaching programme and research activities.
The qualifications required for the position are as follows:
- University degree in education, educational sciences, sociology, educational technology, media technology, information technology or in a related field
- Post-doctorate degree/habilitation (venia docendi) or an equivalent qualification, relevant to the academic field
- Documented publications and research activities in the academic field
- Experience in examining, developing and implementing digitally enhanced teaching, learning and working environments for continuing education processes, as well as conducting continuing education research with an empirical and/or design science perspective
- Excellent didactic skills and experience in the planning and implementation of innovative teaching, learning and working environments
- Knowledge of the Austrian and international academic and non-academic educational landscape as well as public and private research institutions
- Teaching experience
- Leadership and management competences with regard to social, organisational and financial aspects
- Successful acquisition of third-party funding at national and international level
In addition, the following skills and competences would be desirable:
- Language skills, in particular in German and English
- A personal professional network on an international scale and experience in professional bodies in the academic field
- Experience in designing, developing and heading university courses offered to professionals parallel to their employment
- Strategic thinking and entrepreneurial mindset
- Experience in university structures in teaching and research
- Highly developed communication skills and capacity for teamwork
Danube University Krems sees a high innovation potential in the diversity of its employees and has declared diversity to be a leading principle. At the same time Danube University Krems seeks to increase the percentage of female employees and expressly invites qualified women to apply for this position. In the case of equal qualifications women will be given priority.
We are looking forward to receiving applications from persons with disabilities who possess the required qualifications.
The professor will be appointed for an indefinite term according to the appointment procedure laid down in Section 98 UG 2002.
The minimum gross salary according to the Work and Remuneration Regulations of Danube University Krems (W1/1) amounts to EUR 5,463.22 (on a 38.5 hours/week basis). We are willing to pay a higher salary according to qualifications and experience.
We are looking forward to receiving your convincing application by 17 January 2020 to the Rectorate of Danube University Krems, Dr.-Karl-Dorrek-Strasse 30, 3500 Krems, by post or by email to email@example.com. Please do not hesitate to contact the Rectorate on +43 2732 893-2210 if you have any questions.
Please enclose the data sheet with your application.
Mag. Friedrich Faulhammer