Professorship in Higher Education Research and Higher Education Development
as defined in Section 99 of the Austrian Universities Act [Universitätsgesetz/UG] 2002
Advertisement No. SB19-0109
The advertised professorship is established at the Department for Continuing Education Research and Education Technologies at the Faculty of Education, Arts and Architecture.
The Department for Continuing Education Research and Education Technologies is engaged in research and teaching at the interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary interface between teaching, technologies and society in the context of global and digital transformation. Research and teaching focuses on higher education institutions in Austria and abroad with reference to their positioning, organisation, development, their fields of work and their needs, as well as their organisational structures. The department creates connections between applied research and work-oriented continuing education.
General job description and profile:
The tasks of the university professor include representing with dedication the academic field of higher education research and higher education development at national and international level, raising third-party funding and acquiring research projects, as well as continuously developing the teaching programme and research activities. Due to the transversal role of the department and in accordance with the university's mission, the academic fields of higher education research and higher education development must be represented in all their aspects and shall be connected with each other with respect to work-oriented university continuing education.
The qualifications required for the position are as follows:
- University degree with a substantive relation to higher education research
- Post-doctorate degree/habilitation (venia docendi) or an equivalent qualification, relevant to the academic field
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in the relevant field
- Documented publications and research activities in the academic field, as well as academic assessment and supervision activities
- Proven expertise in higher education research and higher education development
- Successful acquisition of third-party funding at national and international level
- Knowledge of the Austrian and international higher education landscape and structures
- Excellent didactic skills as well as teaching experience in the areas of higher education research and higher education development
- A personal professional network on an international scale and experience in professional bodies in the academic field
- Leadership and management competences with regard to social, organisational and financial aspects
- Language skills, in particular in German and English
In addition, the following skills and competences would be desirable:
- Experience in designing, developing and heading university courses offered to professionals parallel to their employment
- Strategic thinking and entrepreneurial mindset
- Experience in university structures in teaching and research
- Highly developed communication skills and capacity for teamwork
Danube University Krems sees a high innovation potential in the diversity of its employees and has declared diversity to be a leading principle. At the same time Danube University Krems seeks to increase the percentage of female employees and expressly invites qualified women to apply for this position. In the case of equal qualifications women will be given priority.
We are looking forward to receiving applications from persons with disabilities who possess the required qualifications.
The professor will be appointed for an indefinite term according to the appointment procedure laid down in Section 98 UG 2002.
The minimum gross salary according to the Work and Remuneration Regulations of Danube University Krems (W1/1) amounts to EUR 5,463.22 (on a 38.5 hours/week basis). We are willing to pay a higher salary according to qualifications and experience.
We are looking forward to receiving your convincing application by 17 January 2020 to the Rectorate of Danube University Krems, Dr.-Karl-Dorrek-Strasse 30, 3500 Krems, by post or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not hesitate to contact the Rectorate on +43 2732 893-2210 if you have any questions.
Please enclose the data sheet with your application.
Mag. Friedrich Faulhammer