Krems is situated on the banks of the river Danube in Lower Austria, 80 kilometres from Vienna. You can reach Krems either by highway, motorway or by train. Students, the University staff, lecturers and guests of Danube University Krems are permitted to use the parking garage "campus west" on Dr.-Karl-Dorrek-Strasse.
- From Vienna Airport (Wien-Schwechat), follow the A4 towards Vienna (Wien), at the Prater junction follow the signs to Praha/A22, continue on the A22, at the Stockerau junction turn off to the right going towards Krems/St.Pölten/Tulln, continue on the S5 to Krems (approx. 100 km)
- From downtown Vienna or north Vienna follow directions as described above - A22 to Stockerau - then follow the signs to S5 via Tulln to Krems (approx. 80km)
- From the west or the south of Vienna, take the A1 to St.Pölten, then the S33 towards Krems; at the Traismauer junction turn off to join the B37. Then take the Melk/Krems Zentrum/Wachau exit and turn right to join the B3 going towards Melk/Spitz/Wachau (approx. 100 km).
In Krems, follow the B3 going towards Melk/Spitz/Wachau. At the crossing, keep left and go towards Stein/Spitz/Wachau, then follow the green "campus krems" signs.
- Take the A1 to St.Pölten, then turn off to join the S33 going towards Krems. At the Traismauer junction, continue to the B37. Take the Melk/Krems Zentrum/Wachau exit, and turn right to join the B3 towards Melk/Spitz/Wachau (approx. 160 km)
- On the A1 to Melk, continue on the B3 towards Krems. At Emmersdorf follow the green "campus krems" signs. Very picturesque route through the Wachau region (World Heritage Site).
- From Vienna Central Station (Wien Hauptbahnhof) take the ÖBB-Railjet (you can also get on in Wien-Meidling, one stop after the Central Station) to St. Pölten, then change to the regional train to Krems (1 change); Duration: approx. 1:15, trains operate every hour
- From Franz-Josefs-Bahnhof (station) take the ÖBB-REX (you can also get on in Wien-Spittelau or Wien-Heiligenstadt) to Krems; Duration: 1:15, trains operate every hour
- From Vienna Airport, take the ÖBB-Railjet to St.Pölten, then change to the regional train to Krems (1 change); Duration: 1:40, trains operate every hour
from St. Pölten
- Regional trains from St.Pölten Hauptbahnhof (station) also stop at Herzogenburg, Statzendorf, Paudorf, Göttweig, Furh-Palt before reaching Krems; Duration: approx. 30-45 minutes, trains run once or twice every hour
From railway station to Danube University
Several ways lead to Danube University Krems (Donau-Universität Krems) from the main railway station (Bahnhof Krems):
On the bus it takes approximately 5 minutes from the bus terminal, located outside main entrance of the train station, to the bus stop Danube University Krems ("Donau-Universität").
In the parking garage level 2 and 3 are designated for students, the University staff, lecturers and guests of Danube University Krems. Registered students will be given a parking card from their respective contacts at the University.
Entrance to the parking garage
Approaching from the B3, drive past both roundabouts next to the Stein ship-stop (Franz-Zeller-Platz) in direction „campus krems“ (green sign), pass the Kunsthalle and the Stein prison on the right and cross the railroad tracks. The entrance of the parking garage is located on the left hand side.
Day parking (6:00 am - 10:00 pm)
Fee per hour: EUR 1,80
Maximum fee per day: EUR 18,-
Night parking (10:00 pm - 6:00 am)
Fee per 2 hours: EUR 1,80
Maximum fee per night: EUR 5,-
Maximum fee per 24 hours: EUR 22,-