Krems is situated on the banks of the river Danube in Lower Austria, 60 kilometers from Vienna. You can reach Krems either by highway, motorway or by train. Students, the University staff, lecturers and guests of the University for Continuing Education Krems are permitted to use the parking garage "Campus West" on Dr.-Karl-Dorrek-Strasse.
- From Vienna Central Station (Wien Hauptbahnhof) take the ÖBB-Railjet (you can also get on in Wien Meidling, one stop after the Central Station) to St. Pölten, then change to the regional train to Krems (1 change); Duration: approx. 1:15, trains operate every hour
- From Franz-Josefs-Bahnhof (station) take the ÖBB-REX (you can also get on in Wien Spittelau or Wien Heiligenstadt) to Krems; Duration: 1:15, trains operate every hour
- From Vienna Airport, take the ÖBB-Railjet to St. Pölten, then change to the regional train to Krems (1 change); Duration: 1:40, trains operate every hour
from St. Pölten
- Regional trains from St. Pölten Hauptbahnhof (station) also stop at Herzogenburg, Statzendorf, Paudorf, Göttweig, Furth-Palt before reaching Krems; Duration: approx. 30-45 minutes, trains operate every hour
From railway station to the university
Several ways lead to the University for Continuing Education Krems from the main railway station (Bahnhof Krems):
- StadtBUS Krems (Line 1) (in German)
- Campus-Shuttlebus (717) (in German)
- Bus 701 (in German): direction Kottes
- Bus 715 (in German): direction Melk, short walk to the university
- Wachaubahn (Wachau Railway)
- Rental bike (there is a nextbike rental station directly at the railway station in Krems)
To get from the train station to the university takes about 5 min by bus and about 8 min by bike.
Sharing is caring!
The University for Continuing Education Krems developed a University-wide sustainable development concept. As part of this, specific measures have been implemented in respect to mobility in order to reduce greenhouse gases.
In particular, the University provides a ride-sharing platform for all employees, lecturers, students as well as for guests at events. This is provided free of charge!
How it works: Download the App, insert the code and join the University for Continuing Education Krems group – www.greendrive.at.
The University’s mobility agent Thomas Wernbacher is happy to assist, should you need help.
- From Vienna Airport (Wien Schwechat), follow the A4 towards Vienna (Wien), at the Prater junction follow the signs to Praha/A22, continue on the A22, at the Stockerau junction turn off to the right going towards Krems/St. Pölten/Tulln, continue on the S5 to Krems (approx. 100 km)
- From downtown Vienna or north Vienna follow directions as described above - A22 to Stockerau – then follow the signs to S5 via Tulln to Krems (approx. 80km)
- From the west or the south of Vienna, take the A1 to St. Pölten, then the S33 towards Krems; at the Traismauer junction turn off to join the B37. Then take the Melk/Krems Zentrum/Wachau exit and turn right to join the B3 going towards Melk/Spitz/Wachau (approx. 100 km).
In Krems, follow the B3 going towards Melk/Spitz/Wachau. At the crossing, keep left and go towards Stein/Spitz/Wachau, then follow the green "campus krems" signs.
- Take the A1 to St. Pölten, then turn off to join the S33 going towards Krems. At the Traismauer junction, continue to the B37. Take the Melk/Krems Zentrum/Wachau exit, and turn right to join the B3 towards Melk/Spitz/Wachau (approx. 160 km)
- On the A1 to Melk, continue on the B3 towards Krems. At Emmersdorf follow the green "campus krems" signs. Very picturesque route through the Wachau region (World Heritage Site).
In the parking garage level 2 and 3 are designated for students, the University staff, lecturers and guests of the University for Continuing Education Krems. Registered students will be given a parking card from their respective contacts at the University.
Entrance to the parking garage
Approaching from the B3, drive past both roundabouts next to the Stein ship-stop (Franz-Zeller-Platz) in direction „campus krems“ (green sign), pass the Kunsthalle and the Stein prison on the right and cross the railroad tracks. The entrance of the parking garage is located on the left hand side.
Address parking garage
3500 Krems an der Donau
Day parking (6:00 am - 10:00 pm)
Fee per hour: EUR 2,-
Maximum fee per day: EUR 20,-
Night parking (10:00 pm - 6:00 am)
Fee per 2 hours: EUR 2,-
Maximum fee per night: EUR 6,-
Maximum fee per 24 hours: EUR 24,-