Campus Krems was founded on the former premises of Tabaccoland Handels GesmbH. The old listed parts were adapted and supplemented by a new building.
Spanning an area of 34,000 square meters, the campus is utilized jointly by the University for Continuing Education Krems, IMC University of Applied Sciences Krems and Karl Landsteiner University of Health Sciences.
It is equipped with state-of-the-art teaching and research facilities, comfortable accommodations, a varied range of food services, and an arthouse cinema (Kesselhaus).
Accessibility Site Map
This site map of Campus Krems gives you a comprehensive overview of the accessibility to the buildings and premises of the University of Continuing Education Krems as well as information about bus stops, disabled parking, classrooms and toilets with disabled access
Travelling to Campus Krems
The Campus is conveniently connected to the public transport network. Students and lecturers travelling by car can use the car park on the Campus.
Campus Krems can be reached by the public bus line 1 (barrier-free low-floor bus) and the campus shuttle bus 717. Stops are located east and west of Dr.-Karl-Dorrek-Straße.
The parking garage P4 in Campus West is available to students and guests traveling by car.
Wheelchair users are advised to use the elevators of the parking garage in Campus West, as the slope of the zebra crossing and the slope of the walking edge make rolling difficult.
In the parking garage P4 of Campus West there are a total of 9 disabled parking spaces on 3 levels.
The disabled parking spaces are marked accordingly by both floor markings and ceiling signs and are located near the elevators.
Tactile Guidance System
Campus Krems has a tactile guidance system (TGS). From the bus stop east of Dr. Karl-Dorrek-Straße, the TGS leads via the west access to a tactile overview board.
From there, the general information point (Infopoint) (building L) and the arthouse cinema (building E) are directly connected.
Buildings G and G1 are also connected. At the level of the respective building entrances, there are intersection points with branches in the direction of the entrances.
Tactile attention fields are mounted in front of downward stairs.
Entrances / Elevators
All buildings on Campus Krems are accessible without steps via the central campus path. Only Building V on Campus West is not barrier-free.
The floors are accessible by elevator. In the new building (A - D), the elevators are located in the area of the connecting bridges, which can be reached directly from the outside. All other buildings have internal elevators.
The buildings B - D also have exits in the north to the Alauntalstrasse. The main building (K - M) has an additional exit towards the university promenade and railway station.
The entrances of each building are marked with letters. The main entrance to the main building in the old building (building L) is automated. The automatized door is operated by push-button (inside and outside).
The main entrance to Building E (Kesselhaus - arthouse cinema) is also automated and can be operated by push-button.
Infopoint and Disabilities officers office
Building L (main building) is also home to the Infopoint, which is tactilely directly connected to the main building. The Infopoint of the University of Continuing Education Krems is the central contact point for guests, students, alumni, lecturers and staff.
The opening hours are Monday to Thursday 8:00 - 16:00 and Friday 8:00 - 14:00.
The Disabilities Officers office is also located here.
Classrooms and Equipment
- Our seminar rooms can be equipped with height-adjustable tables on request.
- For hybrid teaching events (simultaneous presence and online participation) all classrooms are equipped with state-of-the-art video conferencing technology.
- For students with hearing impairments, fixed induction systems are installed in the larger classrooms (SE 1.1, SE 1.2, SE 2.2 and SE 2.3). Furthermore, two mobile, inductive hearing systems based on FM radio are available. In case, an induction system is required for a course, this will be provided by the staff of IT Unit - Tech Support after timely consultation with the responsible course director.
- A wheelchair is available in the doctor's room, which is located in building L (old building), level 0. If required, the doctor's room can also be used as a quiet room.
Toilets with disabled access
On several floors of the old building (K, L, M), new building (A, B, C, D) and in building W there are currently 11 toilets with disabled access, which are marked as such.
A detailed overview can be found in the accessibility site map.
Canteen and Gastronomy
- The Campus Krems Mensa is located in Building B (new building) and is barrier-free accessible via the side entrance. Another dining room is located on level 1 and can be reached steplessly by elevator inside via a staircase and via the outdoor area.
- Café Virginier is located in building L, level 0 of the old building of the University of Continuing Education Krems. Barrier-free access is via the automated main entrance L.
- The restaurant "2STEIN" is located in building T, level 0 of Campus West (new building) and is barrier-free accessible.
- The "FILMBAR im Kesselhaus" is located as part of the cinema in the Kesselhaus and in building E, level 0 (new building). Via the slightly rising ramp and the terrace west of the film bar or the cinema in the boiler house, you reach the foyer through a portal with push-button automated doors. From the foyer you can reach the film bar, the cinema box office, the disabled toilet and the cinema hall without steps.
- The café-bar "MOYOme CIMBA" is located in Building S of Campus West, Level 0 (new building) and is also barrier-free accessible.
The Library of the University of Continuing Education Krems is located in building C (new building) and is barrier-free accessible via the side entrance.
Another reading room is located on level 1 and can be reached steplessly by elevator inside via a staircase and via the outdoor area. At the reception of the library there is a lowered, drive-under area.
- The arte Hotel Krems is located at Building S (new building) of Campus West. The main entrance allows barrier-free access to the hotel through the automated door. The hotel is equipped with lifts (direct connection to parking garage P4 of Campus West), barrier-free toilets and rooms for the disabled.
- The Kolping Campus Krems is located in the buildings P and R on Campus Krems. The Kolpinghaus has an underground car park with disabled parking spaces near the lift. The elevator leads directly into the main house, which is barrier-free accessible. Barrier-free toilets and accessible rooms are available.
I am happy to inform you about our special services and possibilities by phone or in person, and can advise anonymously, if you wish!