Equal opportunities for students with disabilities is an important concern for the University of Continuing Education Krems.
The University of Continuing Education Krems is therefore committed to creating framework conditions that enable equal participation in all study, teaching and research activities.
At the same time, we counteract social prejudices through information, networking and cooperation.
We are constantly working in several interdisciplinary working groups to ensure accessibility and inclusion at the university.
- Students with disabilities and/or chronic illnesses are supported individually by the Service Center for Students point “Accessible studying”, the departments and the Facility Management.
- As the entire university is accessible, people with physical impairments can complete their studies on-campus in Krems.
- The course directors or the disabilities officer are the direct contact persons who can be approached by disabled students during their studies.
- Specially designed courses (e.g. block courses, e-learning) meet the needs accessible studying demands and generally includes a high degree of individual support.
Persons who experience a restriction in their studies due to
- Physical or motor impairments (e.g. locomotor system)
- Sensory impairments (e.g. hearing, visual, speech impairments)
- Mental illness (e.g. depression, burn-out)
- Chronic diseases (e.g. diabetes, crohn's disease)
- Autism spectrum condition, ASD
- Reading and/or spelling difficulties (e.g. dyslexia, dyscalculia)
- or as the case may be
The disabilities officer informs and supports students with disabilities and/or chronic diseases before and during their studies at University for Continuing Education Krems. Students with disabilities or chronic illnesses are provided with:
- Counselling and information in all matters
- Information on funding options and legal framework conditions
- Individual support in coping with day-to-day challenges which occur during the studies
- Individual solutions regarding the study and workplace situation
- Support in organising deviating audit methods
- Support in organising working aids or technical devices
- General guidance and assistance in coping with structural barriers on-campus
- Arrangements for counselling in facilities and personal assistance
I am happy to inform you about our special services and possibilities by phone or in person, and can advise anonymously, if you wish!