In order to apply for one of our study programs:
- “Game Studies MA (CE)” (Master’s program, 120 ECTS)
- “Game Studies Fundamentals” (Certified Program, 24 ECTS)
- “Game-based Education” (Certified Program, 24 ECTS)
- “Game Design: Theories & Applications (Certified Program, 24 ECTS)
- “Emerging Technologies” (Certified Program, 24 ECTS)
please follow the steps described below.
Step 1: Contact our Staff
To find out whether the intended study program is right for you, and to check if you meet the requirements for admission, your first step is to contact us in person.
Step 2: Prepare your personal documents
After step one is completed, make sure that you have the following documents ready. You will need these documents in digital form (you will have to upload them later - we suggest creating a specific folder for these documents on your computer.)
As most of these documents will also be needed in the original (or a notarially certified copy) later, now is a good time to make sure that you have them at hand. (Note that the photo of yourself as well as any official documents that carry an official signature (“Amtssignatur”) will NOT be needed in the original.)
These documents are required in digital form (e.g. scan):
- a photo of yourself (will be used for your Student ID) which meets the following requirements: picture size: at least 102x135; file size: max. 10000kB; aspect ratio: approx. 3:4
- a valid (!) passport or personal ID card (please scan front and back!)
- Documents concerning name changes (e.g. marriage certificate), if applicable
for the Master's program:
- Evidence of general qualification for university entrance (e.g. high school diploma, matriculation certificate, proof of suitability to study).
- Evidence of a Bachelor’s degree or higher (certificate of award and transcript of records, notification)*. (Please only submit evidence of your highest academic degree)
- Evidence of (more than 2 years of) work experience (employer’s reference, social security data excerpt)*
for a Certified Program:
- Evidence of an educational qualification at NQR-Level IV (“Matura” / high school diploma or equivalent)* or higher
- evidence of (more than 2 years of) work experience (employer’s reference, social security data excerpt)
* Foreign documents must be submitted with the required certifications and translations.
Step 3: Prepare the necessary application documents
Step 4: Complete the online pre-registration
Complete the online pre-registration by clicking the button below. In the course of the pre-registration process, you will do the following:
- Activate your UWKonline account (if you don’t have one already)
- Start your application for the desired degree program
- Upload the documents you have prepared in steps 2 and 3
- Please note that during the pre-registration process, you will also be prompted to download, fill, and submit one more important document, the “Registration and application for admission”. We recommend signing this document digitally; if this is not an option, make sure you have a printer and scanner available.
Step 5: Meet the Course Manager
After we have received your application documents you will be invited to a personal online interview with the course manager. They will also inform you about specific requirements for the next step.
Step 6: Complete the assessment procedure
In a final verification of entry competencies, we check whether the applicants meet the admission requirements according to the curriculum. In this step you will have to submit the original documents (or notarially certified copies of these documents) mentioned in step 2 to the Service Center for Students, either in person of during a video call.
Step 7: Study Admission
After positive completion of the application procedure you will receive the "Confirmation of fulfillment of admission requirements". For admission to the study program you are required to submit all documents that are still required and pay the attendance fee. For more information regarding the admission please visit the following page: