Following the 1st Global Transdisciplinarity Conference in fall 2021 the 2nd Global Transdisciplinarity Conference will be held in spring 2024 at our partner institution Cappadocia University at its scenic location in Mustafapaşa, central Anatolia.
The Global Transdisciplinarity Conference is focused on coping with poly crises, of which climate change, the current earthquake in Turkey/Syria, the Ukraine war, or the Corona pandemic are symptomatic. They have threatening impacts on social peace, ecological equilibrium, the world economy, health and the well-being of all lifeforms. The complexity of these threats and their hardly predictable mutual reinforcements require new methods to cope with them. This is because the methodologically conditioned view of scientific disciplines
enforces results that do not reflect the whole. Transdisciplinary thinking and acting transcend the system boundaries within and between fragmented disciplines through integrating all kinds of empirical knowledge, arts as well as spiritual wisdom and philosophical reflection. In this sense, the conference wants to contribute to overcoming the modern Enlightenment with its claim to dominion over nature.
- Scaling the transdisciplinarity idea with global partners at changing sites of cultural and historical interest
- Continuing research agendas with diverse partners that further develop and apply the transdisciplinary process itself
- Transdisciplinary further development of Responsible Leadership and Governance with a focus on the New Economics Debate based on sustainable responsibility
- Enhanced adaptive capacity for societal peace by fostering transdisciplinarity
- Developing diverse mindsets of responsibly understanding oneself within our world
- Transdisciplinary approaches for science practice collaborations
- Bridging and enhancing networks between research and practical excellence
- Rethinking traditional and new forms of communication for transdisciplinary experiencing, understanding and exchanging
- Intending a new philosophical ground for transdisciplinarity
- Having a good and happy time in an outstanding and inspiring environment
A series of Pre-Events, commencing with the 1st Pre-Conference on 11-12 September 2023, will lead up to the main event.
The main conference will take place in Mustafapaşa on the 27-28 June 2024.
The organizing committee of the 2nd Global Transdisciplinarity Conference (to be held on 27-28 June 2024 at Cappadocia University) is pleased to invite you and your organization to join us in preparing and organizing the event in our Pre-Conference at Cappadocia University in Mustafapaşa, Ürgüp/Nevşehir, Turkey, on 11 September 2023.
We are inviting representatives of institutions of research and higher education as well as from society (government, NGOs and business) either participating in or interested in science society collaboration to join a one-day hybrid pre-event on 11 September 2023.
The aim of this meeting is the formulation of a mission statement, draft program and final call for contributions for the main conference as well as the formation of a broad and inclusive organizing committee, embracing all interested parties and organizations ready to contribute actively to the main event in spring 2024.
If you are interested in joining the organizing committee and the Pre-Conference, please contact us under: email@example.com