Our generation is facing the great challenge of climate change, which brings with it a series of environmental as well as socio-political problems. Housing and buildings play an essential role in regard to their total energy expenditure. We have accepted this challenge in the building sector by taking responsibility in the field of economic, resource-saving and sustainable building development.
The aim is to derive clear statements and recommendations by applying the principle of sustainability to contribute to positive social development.
Our Core Competencies
- Thermic and hygric structural physics
- Building energy design, dynamic building simulation
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning technology, renewable energy sources
- Agreeable indoor climate, outdoor climate analyses
The Center for Climate Engineering focuses on research services that answer questions posed by the construction industry. We define buildings as the result of complex interactions between human beings as users with needs and requirements on the one hand, and a specific location with inherent constraints and tolerance limits on the other.
Based on this, our research portfolio consists of the following fields of work:
- Building systems analysis, conceptual studies, component development, monitoring
- Basic research in the field of buildings’ sensitivity to climate change
- Committee work, standardization, and policy counselling
- Teaching in the Department’s various programs
The Center is generously equipped, with specialized application software and research hardware which can be used in both research & development and teaching.
Software: ECOTECH, PHPP, ECOTECT, Archiphysik, TRNSYS, CASANOVA, Therm, Antherm, METEONORM, TAS, WUFI
Studies and Seminars