Assistenz Prof. Dr. Heidrun Bohnet
Heidrun Bohnet is Assistant Professor at the Department for Migration and Globalisation since October 2020.
- Assistant Professor at the Department for Migration and Globalisation
- Teaching advanced qualitative and quantitative research methods, forced migration and violent conflict dynamics
- Planning of the PhD Programme “Migration Studies” and supervising PhD candidates
- Leading the focal research programme: “Migration and Security Politics” within the cooperation between Danube University Krems and the Austrian Institute for International Affairs on “Migration and International Politics”
- Responsible for organising interdisciplinary migration research seminars
About the person
Before joining the Department for Migration and Globalisation, Heidrun Bohnet was research and teaching fellow (Maître Assistante) at the Department of Political Science and International Relations at the University of Geneva and senior researcher at the Bonn International Centre for Conflict Studies (BICC). She holds a PhD in Political Science and International Relations from the University Geneva, Switzerland. Heidrun Bohnet has led and be involved in various international (geo-coded) data collection projects on displacement. Heidrun Bohnet has published in leading international relations journals, such as the Journal of Conflict Research, Conflict Management and Peace Science and Civil Wars.
Her key research areas include:
- The nexus between forced migration (conflict and environment-induced) and violent conflict (e.g. ethnic)
- Refugee settlement patterns
- Protracted displacement situations (refugees and IDPs), return and (re)integration
- Spatial, categorical and temporal interlinkages between migration flows and policies
- Regional expertise in Eastern Africa, Middle East and Europe
Projects (Extract Research Database)
Publications (Extract Research Database)
Bohnet, H.; Rüegger, S. (2021). Refugees and Covid-19: Beyond Health Risks to Insecurity. SPSR, Volume27, Issue2 Special Issue: Covid-19 – A Poli: https://doi.org/10.1111/spsr.12466
Bohnet, H.; Cottier, F.; Hug, S. (2021). Conflict versus Disaster-induced Displacement: Similar or Distinct Implications for Security? Civil Wars, online: https://doi.org/10.1080/13698249.2021.1963586, Taylor&Francis
Czaika, M; Bohnet, H.; Soto-Nishimura, A. (2021). Spatial and categorical dependence of European migration flows. QuantMig Project Deliverable 5.2
Lectures (Extract Research Database)
Quantifying Uncertain Migration Scenarios
International Population Conference (IPC2021), 08/12/2021
Restrictve refugee policies: A guarantee for local security?