The holdings promote the transfer of science and research. The University for Continuing Education Krems profits from the added value mainly due to the networking opportunities and access to resources.
The University for Continuing Education Krems shares in the following companies:
WasserCluster Lunz is a research center shared by three universities for the purpose of ecologically-oriented aquatic research.
The five existing working groups are positioned as follows:
- "Aquatic Biodiversity across temporal and spatial scales"
AG AQUASCALE: Robert Ptacnik
- "Biogeochemistry and Ecohydrology of Riverine Landscapes"
AG BIGER: Gabriele Weigelhofer
- "Carbon Cycling and the role of microbes from source to sea"
AG CARBOCROBE: Katrin Attermeyer
- "Aquatic Lipid Research and Ecotoxicology"
AG LIPTOX: Martin Kainz
- "Aquatic Biodiversity and Entomology Research"
AG QUIVER: Simon Vitecek
The working groups, engaged in both applied and basic research, complement each other in terms of aquatic ecology and ecosystem research.
Scientific Managing Director: Priv.-Doz. Martin Kainz
Paritätische Akademie Berlin gGmbH
The “Paritätische Akademie Berlin gGmbH” offers seminars in the field of continuing education primarily targeting specialists and managers from the social and nursing work of the approximately 760 member organizations of the “Paritätische Wohlfahrtsverband Landesverband Berlin e.V. The study offers meet the nationwide increasing demand for part-time university-based education:
1. Master of Science: Management of social facilities - focus on children's and youth facilities, in cooperation with the University for Continuing Education Krems
2. Master of Science: Social Work - focus on child and youth welfare, in cooperation with the University for Continuing Education Krems
3. Master of Social Management (Master of Arts) in cooperation with the Alice Salomon University in Berlin
4. Social economy (Master of Arts), with the “Paritätische Akademie Süd gGmbH” and the Esslingen University of Applied Sciences in Stuttgart
In addition, the Academy is the Department for Continuing Education of the University of Applied Education in Berlin. Course participants receive a university certificate with ECTS points.
The Academy's shareholders are the University for Continuing Education Krems and the “Paritätische Wohlfahrtsverband Landesverband Berlin e.V.”
Managing Director: Hans-Jürgen Wanke