19.06.2020, 19:00 - 22:00Zum Kalender hinzufügen
Online via ZOOM
(Please register to receive the link to the conference)
The Media, Arts & Design | AI 2020 conference is organised by the Center for Applied Game Studies @ Donau-Universität Krems, the Department of Artificial Intelligence @ University of Malta and the Department of Digital Media @ Drexel University. The conference is further supported by the MIT Education Arcade @ Massachusetts Institute of Technology, the LIVE LAB @ Texas A&M University and the Department of Communication Studies @ University of Vaasa.
Media, arts, design and artificial intelligence have always had a great influence on each other. For example, it is the great science fiction novels and films such as "2001: A Space Odyssey" that have shaped the perception of artificial intelligence for generations. On the other hand, it is now AI-supported media productions that allow us to dive into our film and game worlds and turn them into the great experiences we enjoy as consumers.
The Media, Arts & Design | AI 2020 conference is now to become a sister conference to the Media, Arts & Design | blockchain series. The declared goal is to connect the art and cultural communities with the technical scene.
The conference takes place June 19th, 2020, 14:00 - 20:00 (CEST / UTC+2) via ZOOM (the link will be sent to all registered participants on June 18th.)
Call submission deadline: June 6th, 2020
Registration deadline for all participants: June 17th, 2020
(Please fill out the respective form below.)
Call for Abstracts
Scientists, scene experts and specialists from academia and industry are cordially invited to submit proposals for delivering a talk at the conference.
Suggested topics include:
- Applied use cases of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in the context of media, arts & design
- Considerations about Game Design & AI from various perspectives, i.e. user experience, technical aspects or psychological contexts
- Applications of AI for creating game content
- Philosophical and ethical considerations
- AI in serious games and other educational aspects
- AI in Storytelling
- AI in Game level and content generation
- AI for special effects and interactive art
- Historical or futuristic perspectives, the Delorean is yours
- The role of media, arts & design in AI development / Games as test environments for AI systems
- any other related topic that you like to suggest to us
The submission procedure has two stages. You can apply for a talk at the conference only or for a talk at the conference and a book chapter for an anthology based on the conference topic. The anthology will be published by Springer as part of the series: "Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing".
To apply for the conference as speaker and for the online blog of abstracts:
- Please fill out the form below to submit an abstract (max. 250 words) of your planned contribution. Submission deadline: June 6th, 2020
- The selection process will be a group review by the chairs of the conference. The top two submissions will be selected as keynote speakers of the conference.
- You will be notified by June 8th, 2020 whether your submission has been accepted.
To apply for the anthology:
Applicants who would like to apply as speakers for the conference and also publish a book chapter are asked to tick the appropriate box on the form. These persons will receive further information about the process after the conference.
The review process is also divided into two stages: The abstracts for the conference are reviewed by a panel of experts, and any submissions to the book chapter will be subject to peer-review evaluation.
Conference website: http://mad-conferences.com
We are looking forward to your submissions and an interesting and fruitful conference!