Krems Arts Education & Dementia Initiative
The Krems Arts Education & Dementia Initiative (KAEDI) aims to encourage the exchange between universities, museums as well as institutions and associations for and by Persons with Dementia. Currently, almost 10 million people in Europe live with Dementia. This number will increase in the future and there is evidence that engagement in art and culture can improve the quality of life of Persons with Dementia and their support providers. The intention is to establish an inter- and transdisciplinary network within Austria that connects with the international research and practice community.
KAEDI brings together academic research with art museums in Austria that offer specific programs for Persons with Dementia and Persons at risk for Dementia. KAEDI provides a platform for exchange of experiences, networking, and mutual support. In particular, KAEDI aims to initiate accompanying studies, evaluations and empirical research on the benefits of already existing arts education programs as well as the inclusion of the study results for the development of future programs in museums, exhibitions, and related cultural institutions.
Activities & Conference Contributions
- Anja Grebe and Hanna Brinkmann attended the exhibition opening of “DEMEDARTS, Dementia. Empathy. Education. Arts” at the Künstlerhaus in Vienna. The exhibition provides insights into the artistic research work and shows results and findings of the PEEK project. The project aims to increase society's awareness of the topic of dementia, develops artistic-research, art-didactic strategies and works with experts from the fields of art, science, education (schools, universities), art therapy, health and care. The exhibition is open until March 5th 2023, the accompanying workshop program can be found online.
- Poster Presentation: The Krems Arts Education & Dementia Initiative (KAEDI) – Increasing Scientific Evidence, Hanna Brinkmann, Anja Grebe, Margit Höfler, Stefanie Auer, 31st Alzheimer Europe Conference. Resilience in dementia, 01.12.2021, online
- Poster Presentation: Building an Evidence Base – the Krems Arts Education & Dementia Initiative (KAEDI), Hanna Brinkmann, Anja Grebe, Margit Höfler, Stefanie Auer 3rd Krems Dementia Conference: From Reaction to Action, 29.10.2021, Austria
- Talk: KAEDI - The Krems Arts Education & Dementia Initiative, Hanna Brinkmann 3rd Krems Dementia Conference: From Reaction to Action, 29.10.2021, Austria
- Talk: Kulturvermittlung in Museen für Menschen mit Demenz, Anja Grebe 3rd Krems Dementia Conference: From Reaction to Action, 29.10.2021, Austria
- Panel Lead: Kunst- und Kulturvermittlung für Menschen mit Demenz, Anja Grebe & Hanna Brinkmann 3rd Krems Dementia Conference: From Reaction to Action, 29.10.2021, Austria
- Organization: Pre-Conference Workshop „Geistig fit ins hohe Alter“ (In German, Invited participants only), Stefanie Auer, Margit Höfler, Paul Pürcher, 3rd Krems Dementia Conference. From Reaction to Action, 28.10.2021, Austria
- Participation: Impactathon-Award 2021, Hanna Brinkmann, Stefanie Auer, Anja Grebe, Margit Höfler, Donau-Universität Krems, Austria
- Symposium: Kunstvermittlung und Demenz. Museumsbesuch als kulturelle Teilhabe. 11.05.2021. Donau-Universität Krems, Austria